Thursday 2 July 2009

W = 100c – T ...

... where W is word count, T is temperature and c is a constant the value of which I haven't quite worked out yet. My basis for this theory? The fact that yesterday evening, still sweltering in the UK heatwave, I laboured for two hours over maybe five hundred words of manuscript that at best were distinctly average. This morning, I got up bright and early (well, early) and in one hour rewrote most of what I wrote last night and added another five hundred words for good measure. I reckon the temperature difference between the two sessions was a good twelve degrees. QED. I shall now submit my findings to the Nobel Foundation in the hope of receiving the recognition I deserve.

2 comments:

  1. Did you factor in the GloW (Glass of Wine) coefficient?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now that complicates things. There's also the B/K modifier, which defines the level of agony delivered to the Knees by the heat of the laptop Battery whilst writing on the sofa, as opposed to sitting properly at the table.

    ReplyDelete