Saturday 27 March 2010

Flatland 06

Being the sixth in a series charting the writing of a new fantasy detective story.

A quick entry, this one, just to log today's word count at 1700. Not bad for a Saturday. I'm still feeling my way into the story, establishing the PI's penchant for dimensions and introducing him to the femme fatale on the fourth floor. Their first meeting's the perfect opportunity to establish character, start a relationship building between them, lay out the case and give the PI his motivation to solve it. For reasons I won't go into here, the woman (whose name is Electra Bacall - not entirely sure about that but it'll do for this draft) is the one who hires him to find out why the city's been flattened.

I also now know whodunnit. But you don't think I'm going to reveal that just yet, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment