Friday 9 July 2010

Back on track

Another 10,000 words of first draft puts me soundly back on schedule with the current novel. That's 18 chapters down and around 15 to go. Which puts me comfortably past the halfway mark - a very good place to be.

Is it any good? Always hard to tell at this point. The last few chapters felt a little mechanical - a bit of a slog. But I have to stick to my word count schedule on a ghost-writing job like this (actually, it's good discipline whatever the project). There'll be time to iron out any shortcomings at second draft stage. The mission here is to get the story down.

That said, the pace is good, and the storyline I'm working to is pretty gripping. I think I'd have to work quite hard to mess it up. But hey, that's always a possibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment